Monday, May 11, 2009

This I Believe


There is No God
Written by Penn Jillette,from Penn and Teller, There is No God is an article about Atheism. I related to this because generally, people bug me about my belief that there is no God. Listening to this essay really struck me because I was basically hearing everything that I tell people when they try to put God into my life. It was just really really soothing hearing another person, especially one that is generally well known amongst the public, agree with my beliefs(well, lack of beliefs). Many people try and persuade me that there is a God, not believing in God is bad, science can't explain for everything, etc. But reading this persuaded me again that my beliefs are mine, and no one can change that. Another reason I chose this essay,though, was because I thought the article itself had a very interesting writing style to it. It didn't seem like an essay to me, I kind of could imagine everything in the essay as I was reading it. The elephant in the trunk popped into my head, as did the Hallmark Cards. Overall, I thought this essay was a really good read, and I think I want to model my personal essay from this.

No comments: